[pmmail-list] PMMail WInXP+Vista future as open source

Steve Ewing steve at qmss.com
Fri Nov 9 21:25:09 CET 2007

On 11/9/07, Michael Lueck <mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com> wrote:

> Yes, it is certainly not PMMail.
>
> However, I was able to eliminate POPFile, have an encrypted connection to the server, and decent ability to deal with the HTML emails folks insist on sending.
>
> As an added bonus, now my email is portable between Windows, Linux, and even OS/2 if I ever wanted to.

Even worse: I went from PMMail for OS/2 to PMMail for Windows, then to
TheBat!.  Finally, having been using gmail at work, I exported all my
messages (since 1994!) to Unix files, copied them to my Unix server,
and used POP to retrieve them to a gmail account, and now I am all
web-based.  Different, not as versatile, and so on, but it gets the
job done and is, of course, eminently searchable.

I am still nostalgic for PMMail, though, hence my continued presence
on this list.  Who knows what may happen?

--
<steve at qmss.com>
http://www.qmss.com