[pmmail-list] Life there somewhere!

Richard richard at biscount.com.au
Sat Feb 2 05:06:04 CET 2008

Hi all,
I still use PMMail and love it (except the spell checker!!) I have looked and tried many other programs but NOTHING has the functionality of PMMail!

I notice that "Blueprint Software" is alive with PMView!!
Their web page has changes after 2003!!!!!!!!

But they do not seem to be interested in upgrading PMMail.
Why not release the code to the public domain - it cannot be that it still produces income.

Or why not release a version that just fixes the major problems (like adding WSpell or similar) and this would produce income!!
I know the existing spell checker is a love-child but it is not up to the standard of other available spell checkers and their licenses are not expensive.
There are many wishes that could be added but if there was an ongoing release of upgrades then each one could attract a charge (WOW more money!)

Then it's up to us to support it!

Richard

--Original Message Text---
From: Jim Ferguson
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:42:17 -0500

we're everywhere--just widely dispersed...

Jim

--Original Message Text---
From: Craig Hastings
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:51:00 -0500