[pmmail-list] Life there somewhere!

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 3 00:14:51 CET 2008

I think you can fairly say that there is no support, no development,
and no future for the Win32 version of PmMail (as supplied by
Blueprint, who once promised to open source it).
The new (OS2 Voice) version is clearly OS/2 only (and it seems not
open source), and this will be a issue for
those who use PmMail across mixed environments. I suspect it is this
that will call the end of the line for many of us.

Me, I'm going to try to use a PMMail to Thunderbird converter once
circulated on this list by  Robert Dahlem (his website no longer
exists) to try to save my mail archives
(if anyone has any alternatives I'd like to hear them)
and go with GMail with which at least I can now read my emails.
Its a shame, because I really liked PMMail's user interface for
navigating email, it was just let down by sustained lack of
improvement in handling html and attachments, searching, and spelling.
Simon

On 02/02/2008, Richard <richard at biscount.com.au