[pmmail-list] It Was Bound To Happen -- HELP !!

Phil Kane phil at kanafi.org
Tue Feb 26 07:49:18 CET 2008

Derek W. Keoughan wrote:

> Have you tried re-installing the app itself, over top of itself?  If
> it's not the BAG files, it might be a corrupted EXE or something.

    I've downloaded a fresh copy from the PMMail2000 website - the
package was the same as the one that I installed several years ago - and
I tried installing it both over the existing package and in a separate
directory.  The install in a separate directory didn't have the usual
config files nor the "Sets" and "Catalog" subdirectories which scares me
but the pmmailw.exe was identical.

   I'm getting dismayed at this - I spend about six hours a day with
personal and professional e-mails and news groups (I'm an allegedly
retired engineer and attorney who does a lot of mentoring and consulting
work "in retirement") and even the three days when I was out of mail
touch resulted in several hundred e-mails being downloaded when I got
T-Bird on line.  To be honest, though, our company site sent me 5 "real"
messages and 242 pieces of spam over the weekend, while another site
sent me about 300 real postings, all of which I have to skim before
deleting.  The company IT guy can't seem to get the Spam filter adjusted
right, but that's a whole different story!

Thanks anyhow for the help.  All suggestions appreciated.

    Phil Kane