[pmmail-list] Accidental account deletion

Jeffrey Race jrace at attglobal.net
Fri May 23 10:31:51 CEST 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 08:45:45 +0100 (BST), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>? It's not like you don't get an obvious warning.

In fact I also got the warning but I was too tired and thought I
was just deleting a message.   The system does seem prone
to error with fallible human beings like me.   Maybe there
should be a message (as some programs have) Do you
REALLY want to delete an ACCOUNT?

What saved me was the undelete utility.  It didn't work 100%
because I had too many PMMail files which overflowed some
buffer.   As I said I got most of the rest back from my archive.

Maybe the victim in this case can use an undelete
utility?