[pmmail-list] PMMail2000 for Windows stopped in its tracks!

L.Willms technik at willms-edv.de
Sat Jun 12 00:26:54 CEST 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:39:46 +1000 (AEST) John Angelico wrote:

> Mild Panic - has a virus attacked my system and corrupted the Registry,
> wiping out the registration details?

  Those are not in the Registry, but in the PMMAILW.INI file in the PMmail
program directory.

> Medium Panic - looking at the windows and fonts - gone back to defaults -
> deduce that the PMMail INI has been wiped. So I berate myself for not
> backing up the INI along with the data. No idea for sure, but could a rogue
> virus email have snuck in and damaged the INI?

   You should still have somewhere the original eMail in which BPSW had sent
you the registration key, which is then stored in the PMMAILW.INI under
KEYKEY.

   Once you found it, you are set.

Cheers, and keep up!

Lüko Willms