PGP problems

xavier caballe pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 16:35:26 +0200

>Actually, it's sort of a chicken-egg thing. You *could not* send out
>encrypted email if people refused to install PGP. You *must* have
>their public key -- which they must generate when they install/set up
>PGP -- to encrypt an email to them.

Actually, PGP -at least the Windows version- has an option to encrypt withouth using the public/private key pair... it's
called "Conventional Encryption". It just uses a password to encrypt and you have to know that password to decrypt
it.

Xavi
---
 Out from the barrio, you hear my rhythm from your radio
 You feel the tunning of the world so soft and slow
 Turning you round and round.