quotes and equal signs in filter search strings?

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:52:36 -0300 (ADT)

In composing the filter for killer HTML messages, I noticed that
PMMail does *not* seem to be able to search for strings (at least in
the body of messages) which include the equal sign (=) or the
quotation mark ("). The docs specifically say that you should
'escape' a quote symbol to search for it like this:

  The string to be searched for must appear in quotes. Inside the
  quoted string, any character may be used, including characters that
  would have special meaning outside the quotes, such as the
  parenthesis, Boolean, or evaluator operators. Inside the quoted
  string, only an escape operator \ (backslash) is observed. This
  permits quoting the " (quote) character inside a string. For
  example, the search string "Icon "The Innovator"" would be "Icon
  \"The Innovator\"".

However, this just plain fails on my machine.

Searching for strings which include an equals sign also seems to fail
here.

Can anyone confirm this?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6