[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:20:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:17:17 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:

 >  I think, the best solution is to use the main part of the filename
 >of the message to form a directory name and put all attachments to
 >that file in that directory.
 >
 >  Example: Kevin Murphy's message which I am replying to, is stored
 >here as file GJWONV0.MSG in a directory
 >L_WILL0.ACT\Verteil2.FLD\PMmail0.FLD under my  PMMail directory.
 >
 >  If there were any attachments, a _directory_ named GJWONV0.ATT
 >should be created in the same directory
 >L_WILL0.ACT\Verteil2.FLD\PMmail0.FLD\ to receive all the attachments
 >to that message (maybe under condition that an attachment is really
 >detached; I might want to delete a message without opening even the
 >message in the first place).

If we really can't find a better solution than creating tons of temp files we
should rather place them in a temp directory (e.g. %TMP) instead of the program
directory where they are completely off-site.

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.275
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.189