[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:43:37 -0700

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:00:54 +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:14:58 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:
>>The next time there is an update to PMMail, I would like to see a "save all
>>attachments to..." option in the message reader.  I sometimes get messages
>>with many attachments, from people who aren't familiar with zip, and it's a
>>pain to do them one at a time.
>
>This is an excellent idea but if the coders are listening, don't forget:
>you must provide an option to change, on an attachment-by-attachment basis,
>the name of each attachment before saving.

Well, if you need to do that, you should probably do them one at a time
just as you do now.  I'm looking for a quick shortcut; I don't want to
have to respond to a "Do you want to change the name of xxxxx.xxx?" dialog
10 times.

On the other hand, I could see a "manage attachments" dialog with a
multicolumn grid: first column is a checkbox to select/deselect the
attachment, second column is the attachment name in the e-mail, third
column is the destination file name and is editable.  Add an edit box and
browse button to specify the destination directory, and that would be
pretty cool.

>Sometimes it is necessary to
>change a file name, sometimes it is convenient, and also sometimes files
>are sent as attachments with Long File Names which can't be saved at all
>on 8.3 systems (unless changed at save time).

What's the point?  Does PMMail actually run on any 8.3-only systems?
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.