Starting PMMail 98 from browsers ?

Cristian Secara PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 00:22:19 +0300

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:25:04 +0200, Dirk Marko wrote:

>when we try to start PMMail 98 by clicking on a mailto: hyperlink in Netscape, it
>won't work. Trying to start it from IE 4, it wants to install another PMMail 98 copy.
>Typically, we start PMMail 98 from our home drives in our Windows NT network.
>Does anyone now how we can solve this problem ?

The Netscape mailto problem can be solved using NsProto, a helper
originally designed for Pegasus:

http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/winpmail/helpers.html

Although PMMail98 Help tells me that the command line switch

'/s specific which account should be used as the startup account'

I am not able to make it work - the new message will open for whichever
account you currently in.
In case PMMail is not yet opened, and if preview pane switch is on, the
strange bug appears here - message list window is disappeared.

IE(5) works well, no complains (i.e. opens PMMail98 correctly).

Best wishes,
        Cristi

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_

<HTML>

</U><FONT FACE="Arial" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:25:04 +0200, Dirk Marko wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=808080>&gt;when we try to start PMMail 98 by clicking on a mailto: hyperlink in Netscape, it<BR>
&gt;won't work. Trying to start it from IE 4, it wants to install another PMMail 98 copy.<BR>
&gt;Typically, we start PMMail 98 from our home drives in our Windows NT network.<BR>
&gt;Does anyone now how we can solve this problem ?<BR>
<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
The Netscape mailto problem can be solved using NsProto, a helper originally designed for Pegasus:<BR>
<BR>
http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/winpmail/helpers.html<BR>
<BR>
Although PMMail98 Help tells me that the command line switch<BR>
<BR>
'/s specific which account should be used as the startup account'<BR>
<BR>
I am not able to make it work - the new message will open for whichever account you currently in.<BR>
In case PMMail is not yet opened, and if preview pane switch is on, the strange bug appears here - message list window is disappeared.<BR>
<BR>
IE(5) works well, no complains (i.e. opens PMMail98 correctly).<BR>
<BR>
Best wishes,<BR>
    Cristi<BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_--