"New Mail Check" is broken

Darin McBride pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:07:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:49:07 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:

>On the Receive tab of the Account Settings page one can
>select "Check for New Mail Every" and then enter a
>period  of time. Well, this automatic function breaks
>after a few minutes or hours and hangs at the point
>where the bottom msg says "Connecting to POP Server ...
>". I have no idea why. PMMail can remain in this hung
>condition forever but can be reset by clicking on
>"Fetch Mail for the Current Account".

Funny.  I leave two accounts like this all the time, in fact, two weeks
straight it polled every fifteen minutes.  One was via SMTP on my local
machine, the other via POP against my ISP.  I had a filter that bounced
a copy of every message to yet another email account which I monitored
from remote.  I was getting mail all the way up until I got back from
my vacation.  Not a single problem.  That isn't meant to imply you're
wrong, just that it's really wierd.