PMmail trap.

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:41:43 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 08:50:32 -0500 (EST), Wilson Rook wrote:

>Prior to upgrading the TCP\IP to 4.1 and wr08620, I was building a server that
>has Bind 8.1.2 for OS/2 and InetMail Pro 1.5.5 Email Server.  I also have the
>computer configured for multiple IP addresses.

Don't know if it's related or not, but using 4.1 and 8620, the first time I use Injoy to
connect after booting, nothing resolves.  Hanging up and redialing fixes it.  I
have loopback and lan0 IP addresses defined, and a default route (via lan0
before dialing).  If I do name requests and flush routes before dialing the first
time, it often will work.  Strange...

Also, name requests sometimes suddenly start failing to resolve.  Sometimes they
will pick up again, other times I have to hang up and redial (maybe I'm just not
patient enough in those cases).  There were some 8620 fixes Tim Sipples put on
Hobbes a while back, but since they reported old versions, I reverted to the
stock 8620 ones.  Maybe I shouldn't have... Anyone else have comments on this?

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)