HTML Email was Colored Backgrounds

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:53:53 -0800

Monday, December 13, 1999, 2:32:48 AM, David wrote:
> If I reply to your HTML e-mail in ASCII you *might* think that I was either too incompetent or
> too behind the times to be able to respond in the same format. You  *might*  think that I was, by
> implication, criticising your choice of format.

    Dave, the only thing I think if you right now is incapable of even basic
formatting on ASCII.  Take, for example, the excessively long lines quotes
above.

> If I reply using the same format as you then neither of these possibilities arise.

    But then it comes to the point of being wasteful.

> I want you to like me because this increases the chances of us being able to do business.

    Then do the right thing and don't be an HTML whore.  I'd like to think
that integrity and doing the right thing still meant something.  However, it
seems like both of those have no place in the business world.