Netscape integration (or whither Southsoft ?)

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:49:46 +0100

On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:16:59 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>>>You mention promised updates but, it to be honest, it is difficult to see the commercial
>rationale
>>>for such work. I use the Windows version of PMmail because I originally used OS/2 but
>when
>>>IBM abandoned the desktop to Microsoft I had no alternative but to move NT. I continued to
>>>use PMmail because I was familiar with it and it does everything I want but I have never
>come
>>>across a anybody this using the mailer  who hadn't migrated from OS/2.
>>
>>Personally, I've found plenty of "alternative" to NT, since NT is so
>>bloated, slow, and incompatible.  If that is the kind of software
>>that you like, then why are you concerned about PMMail (small, fast,
>>and adheres to standards)?  MOVE ON.
>>
>>Yet-another-Doze-lover spilling puke about "OS/2 is dead".  If it's
>>dead for you, then fine.  In the meantime, there are many people here
>>who still use it.  Just because you allowed yourself to be sucked in
>>with the pablum lovers, please don't assume that everybody is as
>>weak-minded.
>

>Thanks you for your well thought out, closely reasoned, and courteous response to my posting .
>It has certainly opened my eyes.

[big snip]

Gents, please could you take this to email, or whatever flavour of
comp.os.*.advocacy you prefer! Pro-OS/2 I may be, but I don't want to
see this flame stuff here as well....

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]