Pmmail has gotten too slow to use!

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:17:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:02:00 -0400 (EDT), Mike Kilroy wrote:

>Anyone have a fix for the super slow down in PMmail?  As more
>and more mail is accumulated in folders, to arrow key down to
>the next email may take 10 seconds.  With 30 new emails, this
>is way to much wasted time.  I can no longer live with the slow
>speed.

Mike,

I've got several thousand messages in dozens of folders in multiple
accounts running on a PII-333 and I don't see any kind of delay like
you are describing.  Is it possible that either your program files or
email files have become corrupted?  Or, have you run out of RAM space
and is your system consequently swapping back and forth to the disk?
Do you have anything else running on your system at a higher priority
which could be robbing PMMail of CPU time?  What is the hardware and OS
set up of your system?

Ralph Cohen
rpcohen@neurotron.com