copy, questions

Nuclear Bob pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:51:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 99 00:14:51, John Drabik wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:02:50 -0400 (EDT), Integrated Solutions
>Technical Services wrote:
>
>># Lots of votes for this feature. But for you OS/2 users out there, if you
>># highlight the link and do the mouse button chord click, it automatically
>># copies it for you (on to the system clipboard).
>>
>>Doesn't work here (probably because I'm running one of those utils which
>
>Doesn't work here either, on Warp 4 or Warp 3, and with no such
>third-button simulator, or other WPS extensions.  Is there something
>that has to be enabled in a system folder somewhere to get this?  It
>would be handy.

As far as I know, there are no special files or settings to enable this
(perhaps a Fixpack?). When you highlight the text, be sure to keep the
left button down when you click the right button. Do NOT release the
left button before you've clicked the RMB! It even works when I'm cut &
pasting from ICQJava. FYI, I'm running Warp 4 and it seems to have
worked since at least FP5 or before.

I believe this feature was implemented by Jeffrey Kobal (check the OS/2
AAAA.EXE Easter Egg, you'll find his name there). The discussion came
up on one of the newsgroup postings, but also I think it appeared on
one of the old OS2 VOICE IRC chat logs about Communicator/2 with Mike
Kaply and Jeff Kobal.

Isaac