Sorting of "replied-to" messages

Dr. Martin R. Hadam Dr. Martin R. Hadam" <Hadam.Martin@MH-Hannover.de
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 18:55:41 +0100

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 11:57:26 -0500, Bill Arlofski wrote:

>I have been noticing that while I have my folders set to sort in order
>of "read" and then "date and time of message" (the rest are
>non-important to me), that once I reply to a message, it is flagged as
>"replied-to" (with the little blue arrow) and sent to the BOTTOM of the
>list of messages, just on top of the last "replied-to" message. Is
>there a way I can stop this from happening?  I'd like all the messages,
>regardless of whether or not I have replied to them to be sorted in the
>order I have defined.

 simple answer - you can't. Since "improving" the sort routines in v
1.96 (?), ordinary logics don't apply. As soon as you have "read
status" somewhere near the top of your folder sort list, you're into a
mess. It impossible to have only unread messages going to the top and
have *all* the remainder sorted by subject and date (regardless of
message type) or any other way you'd like to have it.

 Well, it doesn't show unless you have more than 20 messages or so in
your folder and I have the impression that Bob & Co don't do much email
- less so responding to it (hence it never occurs to them) <veg>

 Martin

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule
 D-30623 Hannover