Program Applications and Attachments

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:12:47 +1100 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:17:28 -0700 (PDT), John M Price PhD wrote:

>I have a strange problem with attachments.  Some work, others don't, and
>I can't see why.  For instance,  I have one with a .txt extension,
>properly opened by E.EXE, as noted in the settings.  However, I can't
>open the attachment, and I get a WinOS2 error message (!) about invalid
>path.
>
>I then typed the full path to the program, F:\EEE\E.EXE (which is on the
>path in config.sys) and still, a WinOS2 error.  I moved the %s to the
>program line, and I get, yep, a WinOS2 error.

Hmm, not sure about the other probs, but this sounds like the Attachment name is longer than 8.3, so that
Win-OS2 complains about the file name, rather than the program. This happens to me with long-name MS-Word docs
when I try to read them in the MS-Viewer (under Win-OS2).

How about dragging the attachment onto the Desktop, changing its name to 8.3 format and then trying to open it?

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
Melbourne PC User Group Inc.