The OS/2 hoopla.

Anders Gjerløv pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:51:13 +0200

Hi Steve,

>    Pardon me if I have little or no sympathy for people who got what they
>asked for and are rude enough to be blasting a company for promises it never
>made.
I agree with you completely. But I do understand that people are a bit
angry/upset. I have myself been led to believe that a certain feature
was already implemented and working in the beta (that might very well
be me completely misunderstanding the statements - but I still thought
that this specific feature would be in the upgrade). It is not! Now - I
don't blame BSW at all. But I am personally pissed of at Southsoft for
saying they had implemented a feature they obviously haven't even
looked at. Now I can start over - but that's exactly what I intend to
do. Kindly and politely ask BSW to implement a way to choose the font
of the messages that you print. Hope that they give an honest answer,
and hopefully decide to implement this, so that PMMail will become a
better product.

But just to clarify - I have nothing and noone to be mad at - because
as you said, all promises are void now. We have to start again, and
just forget about what we were promised. I pledged an amount partially
because I wanted a release now with this feature which I (might)
wrongfully have assumed would be in the upgrade - it wasn't there. For
me, that translates into suggesting BSW to implement this feature, and
then pledging that I'll pay *them* the money if and when they can
deliver a product.

Regards,
Anders