Death Knell for OS/2 Client

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:43:45 -0700

osted by Roblimo on 09-17-99 10:30 AM PST
from the slowly-gasping-its-last-breaths dept.

markhb writes "I hate to be the one to submit this story, but the end may
finally have arrived for the OS/2 client. Stardock Systems announced today
that IBM will not allow them to OEM a client package, and that IBM has no
plans for, or strategic interest in, a new OS/2 client. Is anyone ready to get
the source for SOMObjects and implement EA's and the Workplace Shell in
Linux?"