Death Knell for OS/2 Client

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:13:36 -0700

Monday, September 20, 1999, 3:03:11 PM, Paul wrote:
> WHY? The topic discussed on this list in supposed to be PMMail.
> What has the above got to do with PMMail?

    Paul, think about it for about 30 seconds.  If the OS that you're running
PMMail on is discontinued, what are you going to run PMMail on?

    Am I the only one who sees the basic relevance of that information?

> Are you on some sort of ego trip or something by running this list,
> seeing as you don't even run PMMail any more? Why do you bother?

    Loyalty to the friends I made.  I took on the responsibility of running
the list when no one else would and will not shirk it just because I no longer
run the client.  Of course, this isn't the first time I've left PMMail.  In
the time I've beta tested PMMail across OS/2 and Windows I left and came back
no less than 4 times.

    No, I'm not on some ego trip.  I posted something of relevance, don't like
it, don't read it.  Simple.  I did not make any commentary on the original
post, only posted for people to read or not as they so chose.

> I for one (and I'm sure I'm not alone) am fed up with all the crap that
> is here, and you seem to be the source of a lot of it.

    Paul, takes 2 to tango.  If noone responded to my reposting of that
article, how much of this "crap" would be here now?  Think about if before
replying, please.  At least more thought than you put into the lack of
relevance of one of the underlying OSs possibly going away.