PGP: sequencing messages

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:21:05 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:16:04 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>I'd never noticed this before Steve, thanks for pointing it out. It
>does make it hard to trace mail without the sent folder having the
>most on my OS/2 system since I run an smtp server and this puts in the
>IDs.
>
>Please can this be added to the bug list Trevor.

I still don't understand how this is a bug. How could PMMail/2
possibly know what unique message id to assign to an outgoing
message? My understanding was that the message id had to be unique
across the whole Internet. No?

I'm sincerely asking here. Please fill me in.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6