PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:28:44 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:04:51 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>Oh well, it was attached when I sent it! You'll have to manually
>extract it, it's been "cut-here" encoded (!):

Simon, something strange:

I reconstructed your vcf and emailed it to myself. It came through
fine and I can open it with a double-click in the new message I sent
myself.

However, every time I do, I get a brief pause during which my cable
modem's send and receive lights do a little dance and then the vcf
opens.

I've looked through the things included in the VCF and can't see any
reason why yours would cause my computer to search for something on
the 'net. I've never noticed other VCFs doing anything over the
network, nor have I ever noticed this sort of delay when opening them
before.

Any comments?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6