PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:02:40 -0300 (ADT)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:25:47 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>So, you're saying that if I have a PGP key for myself on my keyring,
>the vcf file should contain my key?

Yes, that is what Simon and I have discovered when dragging our own
address book entries to a message as a VCF attachment.

>Puzzling, when I drag myself out of my address book to the attachment
>area, the vcf file does not contain anything other than the email
>address and name information. I shall have to try this again to be

The public key will *NOT* show up visibly when PMMail/2 displays the
VCF entry. If you save the VCF entry to a file and open it with a
text editor though, you should see the key in there.

>OK, that is interesting, PMMail/2 did not appear to do this with
>Simon's vcf file as far as I can see. I will check my keyring and make
>sure, but I'm pretty sure it did not happen.

When you opened Simon's VCF with a double click on the VCF attachment
icon, you did *not* see any delay of a second or two or three, nor
any error dialogs reported by PGP or PMMail/2?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6