filter question

Ken Diehl pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:46:13 -0400

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:57:42 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>If the From: line of an incoming message reads:
>
>"Trevor Smith" <trevor@haligonian.com>
>
>and if a group called "friends" has trevor@haligonian.com entered in
>its list then this would match:
>
>h.fromid = "$ag.friends$"
>
>because fromid matches exactly the string in the group. But this
>would not:
>
>h.from = "$ag.friends$"

Glad to hear you got it working, and I see the logic.  I still am not
able to get it to work.  I sent a note to myself, added myself to group
Materials, and set-up a filter: h.fromid = "$ag.Materials$.  At least I
know it works so I'll try starting from scratch.  If I find any quirks
of value I'll post it.  Thanks for the replies.

Ken Diehl, PhD, PE
Director of Engineering Programs
211 Deloach Hall
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
Voice:  (910) 962-4079
FAX:    (910) 962-4193