Another suggestion for search feature

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@dmiyu.org
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:00:49 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:19:30 -0600 (CST), Hazen Woods wrote:

>A feature that I would very much like to see is a way to search with
>allows Case Sensitive searches.  Recently I wanted to look for SIO .
>Since no Case Sensitive search I got hundreds of messages that
>contained the word "version".
>
>Thanks for considering this request.

PMMail search does permit case sensitive searches using complex filtering.
However, the problem isn't case sensitivity. If you type in "SIO", PMMail
will match any message with that 3 character string in it. This permits
you to search on partial words. You must delimit you string just as the
message author would type it in. A simple or complex search string must be
delimited to produce the desired results. In you example, to find only the
3 character string "SIO", you should type a space before and after the 3
characters. This will match only the 3 character string.
Search criteria=whole message
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris