Attachment bug in PMMail/2 2.10 (and all other versions?)

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:32:31 +0000 (GMT)

An annoying bug in PMMAIL/2 (2.10 and previous) relates to
not sending attached files.

I regularly attach files which reside on network drives (Windows 98
and Unix running samba), which don't get sent and no error is reported
at any stage.

The problem occurs when a remote app (like MS Word) has the file open
(presumably with read access denied).

When I attach such a file (and send the message), everything appears
to work fine, but the person I am sending it to receives a zero-length
file!

This is very bad and causes a bad impression with my customers.

I have no idea if this problem occurs with local filesystems/apps,
but it is a serious bug (for me).

Please, please, please can someone fix this?

Regards

Simon Bowring,                   | http://www.mpc-data.co.uk/
Senior Software Engineer,        | Tel: +44 1225 868228
MPC Data Limited                 | Fax: +44 1225 868191