OT: MS Ignorance (was Microsoft Virus)

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:34:30 +0900 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:48:43 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>The leaked MS "Halloween" report about linux demonstrated their
>ignorance - they were "suprised" at what it could do, despite
>it being basically a unix, much like all other unixes which
>have a 30 year pedigree and are well understood by the inductry
>at large.
>
>Note that NT was largely developed by Dave Cutler (I think the name's
>correct) and a group of his cronies that defected from DEC - his
>group allegedly wouldn't let any "MS" programmers near the kernel
>etc until it was "finished".

Yeah, and I have just seen a post in another list from one apps developer to another to the effect that if they
wanted their app (commercial accounting for SMEs) to work without crashing or locking up, then they should avoid
running any NT multithreaded apps (eg Office, Word, Excel) at the same time.

So Dave and his crew might have been OK (then, that is) but the end result is available for all to see - NOW that
is... :)

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 Zealot
Melbourne Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Email: talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Windows NT: New Trouble.