Requiem

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:50:53 -0700

Wednesday, June 14, 2000, 4:02:14 PM, Larry wrote:
> Would other mail programs use message files in the same format as PMMail?
> IOW, can I simply use my archived email files. I know once that PMMail
> accepted msg files from Eudora just fine.

    There really isn't one.  It is something of a hacked mail directory format
but not quite.  The common standard is mbox.  Since I've taken people's mail
archives from PMMail and migrated them to mbox I can help you out there.  It
actually is rather simple.

> Considering the power and usefullness of PMMail, it's amazing to me that
> someone in the open source community doesn't clone it for Linux.

    The problem is not too many are familiar with it and those that are and
have the expertise are too ingrained in the Unix way of doing mail which is
completely backwards compared to the Windows way.  The rest are trying to
clone Eudora.  :/