Requiem

Chris Adams pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:56:37 -0700

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 12:38:11AM -0700, Chris Adams wrote:
> > As far as everything else goes, my opinions are much lower. Is user
> > interface design a dead art? (Let alone what I'd consider professional
level
> > tools for people like me who receive hundreds of messages a day.)
>
>     Yes.  Most console based mail clients on unix are excellent for single
> accounts with few folders.  Get into massive amounts of folders and/or
> multiple accounts and they are lousy.  OTOH most Windows clients are lousy
all
> around with the exception of PMMail and TB! which are excellent for
multiple
> accounts and folders, but aren't quite up to speed on the actually
> reading/replying aspect of it.

Personally, I find PMMail to be the only email client I consider acceptable
for the read/reply aspect. If it had an arbitrary quote/unquote feature like
Mail-It does, I'd have problems finding anything real to gripe about.
Spell-check, canned-replies, PGP and the include text feature cover most of
what I need to do. As far as reading messages go, PMMail is weak on a) speed
with large messages and b) HTML. Since I consider HTML email a perversion
and am going to install a HTML-stripper on the mail server fairly soon, only
a) is annoying.

I'm a bit curios - what would you improve?