PGP Encryption

Alexander Sarras pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:25:40 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:36:56 +0100, xavier caballe wrote:

> >Can anyone tell me how to pick a public key from my pgp keyring to
> >encrypt a message?  I click on the encryption button, but it uses _my_
> >private key.  I am using pmmail 98 under win nt.
>
> I don't know about PMMail 98, but in PMMail 2000 you can do that on Account -> Properties -> Security and select the
> appropiate key on the  "Select the key ID to be used for this account".

No! This should be the senders key, otherwise nothing would work correctly.
It's used for signing emails and when encrypting the message is
additionally encrypted with the senders public key, so it stays readable
for the sender. It only can be encrypted to a receiver if the receivers key
is on the keyring (Watch out, those email-addresses have to match!).

So as far I can tell everything seems to work correctly there.
SaS
--
  Alexander.Sarras@ap.univie.ac.at  |     * Trouble * IS my middle name!
        www.sarras.at               |           The TroubleShooter