Re[4]: Life after PMMail

xavier caballe pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:32:15 +0200

>>Because I already have it on my PMMail mailbox... And I am unable to
>>forward it to another account because PMMail has already ruin it: the
>PMMail has ruined it? To my knowledge PMMail does not modify the text
>of email in any way. It may *present* it to you with some

Unfortunately it does... specially when the message has some 'extended characters' (i.e., accentued characters). It's a bug
present in all Windows PMMail versions. I reported it to both SouthSoft and Blueprint Software Works, but it has been never
fixed, although finally it has been confirmed.

The problem is that under some circumstances, that are quite usual for people that receives messages in other languages
different to English, the words are joined and some characters are deleted. The result is the text is broken.

>modifications, but the actual text of the message is on your hard
>drive and should not be modified by PMMail. PMMail only reads
>incoming email messages, it does not change them.

Yes, this is right... but there's another problem: I have a very big mailbox (some hundreds of messages)... so it's not as
easy to find a message. On the other hand, I don't consider this a solution... just a workaround, and not very elegant by the
way.

>free software and a Ctrl-Drag operation to get email from one
>application to another. Surely with all the millions of Windows
>developers out there someone has come up with something as easy as
>this.

Yes, this is also possible in Windows... but, since the text is wrongly displayed by PMMail, there's no easy way to do that.

Xavi
---
 My Name is Raincheck and I need a shot of Rhythm'n'Blues!!!
 When you hear that engine drone, I'm on the road again and I'm searching for the philosophers stone