Damaged OS2 files

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 07:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not shy about asking dumb question. Here's one that's also off
topic.

One of the few thing about old Windows (not sure about Win9x) was
that you could reload the system files right over the old ones to fix
damage. And this was easy to do.

Every time I have tried something like this in OS2 I have slid right
down the slippery slope leading to a complete reinstall and I don't
remember why.

Is there some simple way to do this? Is there something that everyone
else knows that I don't? Etc. I don't have a current problem, just
some bad memories. Lot's of OS2 horsepower on this list. I'd
appreciate any help/advice - a general approach would suffice.

Thanks

w3

+++++

On Sun, 08 Oct 2000 18:41:25 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>In Warp 4, the DLL that contains the dialog in question is pmsdmri.dll.  It sounds
>like it might be damaged...

>"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
>while bad people will find a way around the laws."
>     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

w3
Las Vegas

 We will come through in triumph,