OS/2 RichEdit Control

Gregory L. Marx pmmail@dmiyu.org
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 05:20:58 -0400 (EDT), Larry Ebbitt wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:33:36 -0400, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Peter is working with the code for the OS/2 version now and was
>>checking into adding HTML support.  He has come across the point of
>>needing a RichEdit control for OS/2 and was wondering if anyone of an
>>existing one.
>
>If you do find such a control, please make it's use an installation
>option.  I don't want it, I don't want it wasting my CPU cycles, and
>I don't want it wasting space on my hard disk.  HTML is for the web!

Come on Larry !!!

Think about it ... SS is going to be selling a NEW OS/2 based operating system called eCS ... For every new sale of eCS into the corporate world,
and to the individual user there's a potential new customer for other OS/2 software ... and IMO PMMail2000 is the best emailer out there for
OS/2 users ...

And guess what ??? Those new users will expect at least a semblance of HTML support in their email package ...

Besides, knowing how creative Peter is in developing software (just look at PMView for an example) I'm sure he'll make the choice for HTML
mail an option which can be turned on/off ...

Also, if we want PMMail to have parity with it's Windows sibling we are going to have to accept that features might be added that we really
don't need or want ... and personally I like the HTML support in the windows version of PMMail ...

Let's rally around what Blueprint Software is trying to do rather than being devisive and selfish !!!

I really don't mean this to sound harsh ... so please don't be offended ...

Greg