Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Isaac pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

>Second, although I never use HTML for email, I will be glad
>to be able to receive an HTML email here in PMMail/2    *without*
>having to discard every one of them out of abject fear that just
>touching one and having the "preview" window open at the same
>time will indeed   _crash_   PMMail/2, requiring me to have to
>reload all of the messages again upon restarting the client.
>   (What a wonderful bug .... wonder if it is fixed yet, or soon to be?)
>       [.... or even on the "list" ?]

I'm guessing you'll probably have to do a lot of legwork on that one to
get it fixed. e.g. pinpointing exactly when it happens and what
hardware and software setup. I doubt BSW has enough resources to chase
that one down.

I've moved around to about 5 very different machines, from an old P120
on up to a brand new PIII-600. I've never had a problem with HTML
e-mail in PMMail/2, my preview window is always open. In fact, I
wouldn't even know that I get them (PMMail is a darn good stripper!),
were it not for the fact that I still maintain a shell account that I
occasionally grab the mail from.
How many other people see the problem? Maybe I'm just the lucky one.

I'll take HTML e-mail....if BSW can provide the feature with
approximately zero extra code :)
I'm siding with the "e-mail should be text only" side....if I need
pretty pictures and diagrams, I'll send along an attachment.

Isaac