Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:25:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:43:34 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>First let me pat you on the back for a great set of questions.
>I'll be interested to hear the answers from someone (official) at BSW.

Thanks, Bruce.  You and me both.<g>

>Second, although I never use HTML for email, I will be glad
>to be able to receive an HTML email here in PMMail/2    *without*
>having to discard every one of them out of abject fear that just
>touching one and having the "preview" window open at the same
>time will indeed   _crash_   PMMail/2, requiring me to have to
>reload all of the messages again upon restarting the client.
>   (What a wonderful bug .... wonder if it is fixed yet, or soon to be?)
>       [.... or even on the "list" ?]

Fortunately, this has never been a problem for me, although I have seen
it reported by others.  My preview window is always open so I'm often
only able to recognize that I'm looking at a HTML message because
either the formatting is all screwed up or because there are text only
links in the message and not URL's that I can click on.  Quite
honestly, it never bothered me too much before I had the opportunity to
work with PMMail 2k and I quickly became spoiled by the ease and
convenience of viewing formatted HTML messages in the preview window.

As far as I'm concerned, ease and convenience are desireable traits in
an email program so why not make it happen in PMMail/2 as well?
Besides, as much as some people may hate to admit it, there are certain
types of emails, such as news summaries and advertisements, that are
much easier to use and view in HTML than in plain text. (There, I said
it... let the flames begin!!<g>)

Ralph
rpcohen@neurotron.com

DISCLAIMER: Having a broadband (cable) connection makes the additional
size of such emails a non-issue for me.  Having stock in Cisco, et al,
makes the prospect of the internet's infrastructure being forced to
expand to accommodate the added traffic a downright desireable side
effect.<g>