Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Michael Baum pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:03:00 -0400

And on Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:55:38 -0400 (EDT), Skip Huffman wrote:
>I am afraid that I do disagree with this statement.  I much
>prefer receiving news in plain text.  It is just plain easier to
>read.  I can set my font and colors to my preference, rather
>that 20pt blinking red on a yellow background, which appears to
>be a favorite for some people.

I think Mr. Cohen is writing about reasonably well-designed messages
using HTML as opposed to the clearly excessive and muddle-headed style
selected by Mr. Huffman for his example. In principle, I think Mr. Cohen is
correct. There are many instances in email as it is used today that would
benefit in clarity and readability from the judicious use of HTML coding. Or
any other sort of textual design mark-up.

Maab