[pmmail-list] Forums back up

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:13:12 -0700

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:50:51 -0400 (CDT), John Thompson wrote:

>What was wrong with nntp that everybody decided to go to this
>web-based discussion group nonsense instead?

That's an easy one. You can't force ads on people with NNTP. ;-) (Well,
you can, but they're easier to filter.)

Plus, mere text is too difficult for the mouse potato generation. The
web only became as popular as it is because it let non-technical people
look at pictures instead of reading text.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]