[pmmail-list] Request folder option to automatically filter to folder based on sender/receiver

John T. Dow pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:53:43 -0400

I wonder if anyone else would find this useful.

I'd like to be able to associate (automatically upon creation or later as
needed) e-mail addresses with a folder, so that all incoming or outgoing
e-mails coming from or going to that e-mail address would be moved to that
folder.

Here's why. I get and send e-mails to many many people and want to keep
Bob Smith's e-mails in the Bob Smith folder, Mary Johnson's e-mails in the
Mary Johnson folder, etc. If I get an e-mail from someone new, say Fred
Flintstone, at present I have to 1) create the Fred Flintstone folder, 2)
use the filter builder to create a Fred Flintstone filter based the mail
just received from Fred's e-mail address (freddyf239@aol.com), then 3)
edit the filter so it also catches mail I send to freddyf239@aol.com.

Setting up the folder and filter is too much work. It also results in my
having a huge number of filters.

My thought is that if I could associate the individual's e-mail
(freddyf239@aol.com) to his folder (Fred Flintstone), then upon start up
pmmail could in effect dynamically create additional filters (in RAM, not
on disk) for all these folders.

John