[pmmail-list] Clean Up Message Forwarding

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:53:27 -0700

Hi, why not just reply to the forwarded message, and arrow down to the
blank line before the text, and press control shift home to highlight
the headers above, and press delete, and that would do it, unless, I'm
not understanding what you're talking about, in the which case I
appologize.  On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:35:04 -0600, Jeff Engelman wrote:

>I put this stuff into a canned reply, but unsure of the steps
>I need to do to use it.  I tried looking it up in the help but
>my help seems to be broken.  Please provide a step by step
>procedure for using this canned reply.  Thanks!  -Jeff
>
>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:28:06 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:15:09 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:
>>
>>>When PMMail/2 forwards a message, the entire header of the forwarded
>>>message is inserted in the new message.  I would like to have only:
>>
>>>The main objective is to eliminate all of the extraneous:
>>
>>Rather than wait for this to be implemented, you can do this
>>right now with a Canned Reply, and further you can then
>>customize it to include as little or as much as you might want.
>>
>>Here's mine:
>>
>>=========== Canned Reply: Forward Message ================
>>$cursor$==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
>>From: $h.From$
>>Date: $h.Date$
>>Subject: $h.Subject$
>>
>>$b$
>>===================END FORWARDED MESSAGE===================
>>$s.signame$
>>========== End Canned Reply: Forward Message =========
>>
>>When I want to reply, I do a  Ctrl / Del  in the Compose Window,
>>then RMB and "Forward Message"   Pretty quick.
>>
>>(And yes this has been asked/answered before, and yes it only
>>works using the internal editor)
>>

>>---
>>Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
>> For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"

Marty