[pmmail-list] Today's Oxymoron: PMMail Support

Dr. Martin R. Hadam pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:16:00 +0100

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 00:30:15 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>[...] then at least they could:
> 1) Decide to live with it.
>or...
> 2) Begin to make other plans or evaluate alternatives.

 Are you really sure that what you're asking for is making a difference
with regard to the above choice? There won't be a magic bullet
available for download any time in the foreseeable future - so take
your pick, now. That is, unless you decide to *firmly* preorder say
10000 new licenses of the OS/2 version (which will get you immediate
feedback and start things moving, for sure <g>).

>The real problem with the current situation is the total LACK of ANY
>information.

 You did get (some) information and at times, even no information is
valuable information. Enough to support your choices. In addition, you
recently learned that there will be an upcoming beta for a major
Windows-only feature due to the lack of suitable crossplatform tools
covering OS/2.

 What you're asking for is BSW humbly stepping up on stage stumbling
... hmmm .... arh ... we've greatly underestimated the the time it
takes to streamline the f*** code we paid for - which turns man-years
into man-decades and .... hmmmm .... knowing the size of the OS/2
community today, we'd ..... ah.... never ever embark on anything like
that again.

 I don't think the above is much off the target. But would you really
get anything from it? NO, imho.

 Martin

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule