[pmmail-list] Today's Oxymoron: PMMail Support

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 07:36:39 -0400

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:47:29 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:

>Peter is the only person in
>his company, working on PMView, yet he has the time to directly
>interact with his _customers_ on the PMView mailing list ....
>and it doesn't seem to detract from him being able to get out a
>couple new-featured versions/year.    And I don't believe his
>company is "Microsoft", as the message went.....

Peter's PMView code was written very well and planned to be easily
maintained on two platforms. It took him years (if I recall
correctly) to get the code that way. The code for PMMail is *not* as
easily maintained and modified so it would be difficult for Peter to
duplicate his PMView performance on PMMail. And now he is working on
PMView *and* PMMail. He will not be able to interact with PMMail
customers the same way he did with PMView customers.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support