[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 cannot read Hotmail mail properly

Samuel Audet pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:39:53 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:11:41, Brian Morrison wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:54:52 -0500 (EST), Samuel Audet wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but when transfer encoding of 8 bit
>>is added to the header everything works fine.  So if the default
>>encoding is set to 8 bit in PMMail/2 code, everything is going to work
>>fine, with no suprise bugs appearing... :)
>
>So, if a new setting were added to the properties tab of the overall
>PMMail properties that said something like 'use these settings when
>reading if none specified in mail header', we'd all be happy?

Yes I suppose.  However, putting default encoding to "8 bit" would be
the only interesting choice, since 7 bit is just a downgrade and
putting quoted-printable in a message without the appropriate header in
the first place is dumb.

For the code page, like Lueko mentions, we could use the default
encoding charset also as the default decoding charset.

--
Samuel Audet <guardia@cam.org>
http://www.cam.org/~guardia/