[pmmail-list] sick of 2.20.2030 - where are the real important features?

Stefan Kirch pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:36:47 +0100

Hi!

Where is you problem, Kris? I wrote some features, I think, they
are suggestive for the community and you react so stroppy.

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:49:20 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>>* Setting for an address-book-entry to
>>   - encrypt an email to this recipient by default
>
>There are some users who would argue that if you are encrypting messages
>you should do it all the time.

Do you have a pgp-key for EVERY recipient? I would prefer to encrypt
avery message, but there are a lot of persons, that don't have
a pgp-key, e.g. they use smime or nothing in that way.
So, if you set "Encrypt every message" you got most time an error
message. I would like to set "Encrypt every message, if possible",
i.e. if I have a pgp-key.

BTW: I don't think, that this is a feature, hard to implement. Only
simulate a mouse-click, and I know a lot of pmmail-users, who also
prefer this option.

>>   - sign an email to this recipient by default
>>   - use signature xyz for this recipient by default
>
>If you are auto-replying, you already have the option to include the
>signature of your choice. If you are not, what benefit is there for the
>majority of users. It takes very little time to select the signature of
>your choice.

And it take a little time to implement that. Is that really the way,
you react to feature-wishes of customers?!?
Don't you have a "personal" and a "official" signature? Isn't it
precarious to send a business contact "Hugs ..." ?!?

>>* Possiblity to exclude an account of "Fetch all"
>
>Then it wouldn't be "Fetch all" - would it? It would be fetch some.
>Explain the significant benefit gained in fetching only some accounts
>since it will most likely increase program response time.

Strange reply. I'm really confused about the way, you reply to
my email.
Isn't it imaginable, that you have some accounts only for sending
email (e.g. as postmaster of a server or something like that) and
you don't have a pop-acount for? Wouldn't it be more clever
to fetach only these acount's where there are settings for
pop-user and server?!?

Also this feature couldn't take weeks to implement.

>>* Strip attachments from within the gui (not with this horrible
>>  rexx/dos-utility)
>
>Why should your email program cleanup your hard disk for you? Keep the
>attachment - dump the email, or dump the email. Alternatively, do it
>yourself or buy a separate program to do it for you.

Grmpf - I think, it would be clever to have the option, to select older
folders and click on the menu "Folder / Strip attachments" as of using
the dos-tool.

  Steff