[pmmail-list] patch to fix codepage issues in OS/2

Chris Hellwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:35:13 +0100 (MEZ)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:45:08 -0500 (EST), Samuel Audet wrote:

>>What exactly does this patch do?
>
>It checks headers (main header and part headers) for "content-type"
>with missing charset or with a charset containing "windows" and patches
>a "content-type" with charset=iso-8859-1.  It also checks for
>"content-transfer-encoding" and if none is found, it puts
>"content-transfer-endoing: 8bit".  That fixes the most important
>problems with PMMail and charset.  It's still not automatic or instant
>(PMMail is slow at launching a filter executable), but it's better than
>hand editing...

Hi,

I was trying your filter: Yes it adds missing 'content-transfer-encoding' and
'content-type' lines to the messages. But my son receive mails from a
mailinglist which contains both lines but the
line is missing. That prevents PMMail from showing correct 'umlaute'.

Is it possible to check the header for missing 'MIME-Version: 1.0' (in the
moment I add the line with a REXX script)

Chris Hellwig