[pmmail-list] PMMail New Features List

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:41:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 May 2001 22:58:46 -0700, John Bridges wrote:

>>It's now June.  When will BSW post a list of the new features you claim
>>to have been working on for the past year and a half?
>
>Ralph, since we have had access to recent betas, isn't it pretty clear that
>what we have is what we will get?
>
>Or do you suspect their are massive changes hidden away and disabled for the
>beta builds?  or perhaps a two track development process? (no way)

Yes way.<g>  Trevor Smith reported that there are new features under
consideration that can be expected after the bug fixes.  There have
been several requests for BSW to post a prioritized list those features
to assist plans for future use of PMMail.  All we've heard so far, is
that none of the feature requested since has made it to the short list.
 For reference, here's a copy of a message Trevor posted on May 5th:

=-=-=-=-=
>On Sat, 05 May 2001 09:20:43 +0200, Stefan Kirch wrote:
>
>>Ok, I can accept, that not ALL of these features can be included
>>in a new version, but I got more and more the feeling, that there
>>is no effort on BSW, to include ANY of this often demanded features!
>[...]
>
>>So, please BSW: be honest and please let us know, if you really
>
>We are working on bug fixes first, new features second. New features
>are prioritized based on the number of individuals requesting them
>(not on the number of requests per individual). The betas have all
>included bug fixes and some new features. We are sorry if the
>features you consider most important are not included yet. Please be
>patient.

>--
>Trevor Smith
>PMMail/2 Technical Support
>pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
=-=-=-=-=

I have received assurances off-list that BSW will be responding to
these requests for a prioritized features list, but nothing has
happened yet so I figured posting a reminder wouldn't hurt.<g>

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com