[pmmail-list] ~Re: Signatures - feature request

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Mar 2001 12:43:07 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 06:48:26 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>OK, everyone (and I'm not trying to single out Rod here):
>
>Can we please all cool down a bit? As a representative of BSW on this
>list it's my responsibility to make sure things do not get too
>personal.

As a representative of BSW, I understand that you must use diplomacy.
AFAIC, I did not reply with any personal attack on any author. I responded
to a reply that I believe should have been made off-list if at all. Your
suggestion was IMO congenial not patronizing since you cannot know the
background or experience for each member of this list. For this reason, I
considered the response inappropriate as an on-list reply.

>Please, everyone feel free to discuss your opinions and differences
>but let's all stop direct personal insults.

I agree. If criticism is offered then criticism should be accepted as
well. We can agree to disagree.

>(Again, not trying to single you out Rod, just using your mail to
>reply-to.)

I consider the message you replied to as inappropriate for on-list
response also. AFAIC, it was not warranted at all. If at any time you
believe I've made a personal attack on someone, I invite your quoted
off-list reply.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris