[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Beta Difficulties

rotijohn@mailandnews.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:19:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:46:39 -0500, Kevin Murphy wrote:

>Ever heard of a little thing called "uptime"?  Those of us using OS/2 tend
>to have a very large amount of this, and tend not to reboot on a whim just
>to "clear out the stray garbage"...

"Uptime" has been curiously MIA ever since Communicator 4.61 showed its
face.  My OS/2 box must be rebooted every night to ensure a generally
crash-free subsequent working day.  The longest "Uptime" I've
experienced is 5 days and 20 hours before "Downtime" intervened on
behalf on one of the following:  Communicator or Openchat or Pronews.
Credits must go to the PMMail team for making PMMail/2 one of the more
stable softwares among email clients, with the exception of the latest
beta v.2.20.2200.

Regards,

John