[pmmail-list] Need X-Command in header?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 07:09:07 +0200 (MES)

On Sat, 05 May 2001 00:44:27 -0400 (EDT), Rich wrote:

>  Unfortunately, the "F C P" is for filters,
> canned replies and printing. Printing is obviously out. > A manual filter?

  Why is that unfortunate? I thought you wanted to filter the mailing
list traffic.

  Did you know that you could manage a mailing list with automatic
subscribe and unsubsribe just with PMMail, especially if it is a
moderated list?

  You can check if the sender of a message is in a specific address
book (or group of addreses) (To.FromID = $AB.bookname$) and
distribute the message to all addresses in the book (see filter
actions).

   When you do not have automatic send, you can verify all the
outgoing messages and delete them if you so wish.

   But I think you do not work on the mailing list traffic itself,
but on messages being exchanged with the list server authorizing or
prohibiting the mail to be distributed not by your PMMail, but by the
mailing list server. So that is something different.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de